Monday, October 27, 2008

Breathe, Laugh, Relax

We have all earned a 7 minute break. I started this morning on factcheck.org...looking to dispel (successfully) a revived email rumor making the rounds that has Senator Obama taking advice from three people who are billed as the key players in our failed Fannie and Freddie economy. Then the surfing began. I went to John Mellencamp's radio ad. That led to a satirical piece from a Sarah Palin rally in Nevada, in which a McCain/Palin supporter actually picks up horse droppings with his bare hands to illustrate the fix the country will be in if Obama is elected. I eventually landed on a piece entitled "Indiana KKK Says Obama Will Be Assassinated"... I'm not providing the link to that one. It is too disturbing. Why do we do this to ourselves? It's not even 10 AM, and I'm already frothing at the mouth and chewing on my fingernails. So I went looking for something a little easier on the soul. I confess I am a TV illiterate...I am assuming Ellen DeGeneres's show is daytime TV, and that most of you, like me, don't get to watch. Well...we missed a good one last week. Let the red-and-blue-and-brown map, and the who-said-you-said email, and the liars-liars-liars angst lie dormant for 7-minutes. Enjoy the break: I hope you're smiling. Peace.

1 comment:

jo ann said...

ahh....I am (smiling)
...and I have the Ellen shirt "dance, laugh, vote"....
will be wearing it a lot in the next 8 days!

Blog Archive