Conscience: (noun) 1. the sense of moral goodness or blameworthiness of one's own conduct, intentions, or character together with a feeling of obligation to do right or be good 2. the part of the superego in psychoanalysis that transmits commands and admonitions to the egoI am wistfully and gratefully pondering the arrival of a new conscience at the White House. I am hopeful that it is one that will make intelligent decisions, will trust the American people, and will listen to many voices...not just the circular swirl of the voices of id, ego, and superego. I am putting George W. Bush out of my mind. That has allowed energy to nurture a bit of an obsession over next Tuesday's inauguration...
- The number of citizens expected on the Washington mall is a record setting 4-million (wow!).
- The weather forecast for the day is partly cloudy and 30-degrees at swearing in (brrrr!).
- There is a 69-page downloadable inauguration guide book (I've downloaded it).
- There is a site to shop for inauguration commemorative gear (I've looked at it);
- There are at least 30 inaugural balls scheduled Tuesday night, ten of which the President and First Lady are expected to attend (oh my!).