Friday, March 20, 2009

Here's To Life!

I am writing, this morning, from Bloomington, Indiana...where my brainy oldest child is a grad student at Indiana University. He's a bonafide grown up with a home his parents can comfortably visit. It's a crazy weird and wonderful thing. So, the first day of Spring stretches before me outside a window I find distracting. The birds sing unrecognizable tunes. The rustle in the trees is not the noisy oak leaf, but a soft rattle of pine needles. The air is crisp, not balmy. There are no buds yet on the tall deciduous trees framing the edge of my view from this perch. But it is a sunny, blue sky day. A full and glorious day of springtime. Indiana style. Of course this reminds me that seasons arrive for all of us...no matter where we sit and drink our coffee. The sun rises and sets. The moon shines. Stars twinkle. Children grow in wisdom and stature. It happens to everyone...whether we're in Austin, Texas...Bloomington, Indiana...Baghdad, Iraq...the Gaza strip...or Kabul, Afghanistan. The particulars may be slightly different, but the cycle is the same. From winter, spring. From darkness, light. From death, life. Let there be life. Peace.

1 comment:

gay said...

And so my friend a new chapter begins...